Friday, July 21, 2006

$1.89 A Lap - "Bush League"

Before I start I want to make sure everyone understands the definition of a key term in todays blog.

bush-league - not of the highest quality or sophistication
or
bush league (American, informal)
not done to the usual or accepted standards

Last night at the Velodrome the night started out pretty good for the Donimator, as I was third in the first 10 lap Scratch Race in the Cat 1-2s. Next is the prelims for the Kerin, since we had 16 people it would be to heats of 8 with the top three qualifying. I end up third and making it to the finals...now this is where the story begins....

I draw number one which means I will start lowest on the track and am "obligated to take the motor unless someone else takes it." page 49 of USCF rule book. Well the motor comes around and the gun goes off...immediately 3 riders dive down and take the sprinters lane...ie taking the motor from me, but then as we come out of turn 2 they slow down and move up track, so I accelerate up to the motor and then BANG BANG, the gun is fired twice and over the loud speaker it is announced that Donimator has been relegated from the race. I am like what a BUSH LEAGUE Call!

So I roll around and plead my case and I all I get in response is "sir please remove yourself from the track" So now I am not happy. So I file an official protest ($20) and ask for a re-race. It took the head official about 5 minutes to deny my protest..yep BUSH LEAGUE decision. They said I should of "advanced on the apron" Since we are on the discussion of BUSH LEAGUE things...How can there be 5 USCF officials at the Track and only 2 said they saw the infraction?...BUSH LEAGUE

15 dollar entry fee
20 dollar protest fee
------------------------
$35.00

10 Lap Scratch Race
8 Lap Kerin prelim
.5 Lap Kerin Final
-----------------------
18.5 Laps

35 bucks / 18.5 laps = $1.89 per lap.....I know that my Hummer could drive around the 250 meter track for less than $1.89 a lap...what do you think of that little D?

4 comments:

Jim said...

thank god you have that hummer to restore your manhood after being so thoroughly neutered

Donimator said...

Super Rookie...are you calling Skibby Bush League?

AdamB said...

I wonder how much it cost to drive out to Blaine in your prosthetic wang!

Donimator said...

I don't know AdamB, Your profile says you are an Accountant....So you figure it out!