Monday, March 12, 2007

Hummer Happening....Hummer Crash Fest

Well this past Saturday was the annual autoshow Hummer Happening. Typically, we meet at the dealership, have breakfast, then caravan down to the autoshow, with a police escort, VIP parking behind the convention center, and access to the show about 1.5 hours before it opens to the public. This year there were about 50 Hummers. 45 made it to the convention center unscathed. 5 decided to play bummper cars on 35w. 2 had to get put on a flat bed, 1 towed, and the other two weren't too bad.

Below is a highlight video, with some pics on the damage.

6 comments:

Skibby said...

Does this go under the Cosmic Justice category or just insanely funny? How did those guys bust up their Hummers? Were they all driving and shooting video like you were? You got skillz baby!

Lunatic Biker said...

So let me get this straight...a little fender bender and that piece of shit's in the body shop for 10 grand worth. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure it would be cool to have on of the Hummers the Army uses as long as they leave the machine gun on top but these Hummers look about as durable as my snowblower.

AdamB said...

Hope they hit each other, or someone's in the damn hospital tonight.

SickBoy said...

http://therealsideburnz.blogspot.com

Donimator said...

Yes they all hit each other...I was right in front of them, so mine didn't get touched.

Unknown said...

Even such huge cars like a Hummer flew into pieces. I couldn't understand from the video, Hummer column was for the sale, or what? Where did you get so many Hummers?
Yesterday I saw car accident with a white Hummer limo, which was hit by a bus. I was surprised that the bus cut small bruises, but limo was in a very bad condition.
So, the question is, should we waste lots of money for purchasing such poor vehicles.