Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Why the Democrats will win....


Because the economy is f*$ked right now. Everyone will blame the economy on the Republican President. (Above: House in Foreclosure in my old neighborhood)

The housing market won't get any better until the media stops hyping how bad it is everyday. The Feds need to drop interest rates. This will help people that are in foreclosure or on the brink, hopefully refinance and afford to keep their home if they can even get a loan with all the new rules in getting a loan. I don't think the banks want any more foreclosed houses. Think they don't?

6 comments:

Tenacious T said...

The media isn't "hyping" anything...it's really that bad.

All these houses are in foreclosure because of predatory lending. The new laws are there to save people from themselves.

I agree that interest rates should be lower. I'll be closing on my new house in about 4 weeks, and I could really use a 3% rate.

AdamB said...

The Feds need to drop interest rates.

I'm buying a house myself in the next month or so, but I still disagree. Banks need to get punished for lending to losers, and losers need to get punished for borrowing more than they can afford. If the Fed keeps bailing out idiots, the idiots are just going to keep doing stupid stuff like the housing bubble we've seen over the past few years.

In short, this has been coming for a long time. The people getting screwed are the people who took risks they shouldn't have. Inflation is much worse than a few foreclosures.

Mike Lalla said...

Want to buy a cheap condo?

Mine is going under as I write this, I just stoped paying... Living in a differnt state and all.

It was on the market for 8 or so months. I blame it on the media. why blame myself? ;)

More or less Adamb is right.

Donimator said...

Where is the Condo?

Mike Lalla said...

Lovely West St. Paul right on the GP Saturday ride...

Snide said...

Damn liberal media!!! If only they all weren't owned by huge multi national corporations, or Rupert Murdock. I wish they'd just stop pushing that liberal agenda of theirs.

The economy is really great. This "jobless recovery" is really moving the economy along for me and all my buddies in the top 1%. More tax breaks for us.

4 more years!!!!