Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Chequamegon




I blew half way through the race, so it was a very long 2.5 hours for Stoker. The highlight was the sprint for the podium. We got caught and passed with a 1/2 mile to go in the race to put us in fourth. We sucked it up and sprinted for the 3rd and final podium spot.

One other tidbit, on the first section of birkie, the only single bike to get in our way and cause us to hit our brakes.....yep you guessed it...SICKBOY. You can't make it up.

9 comments:

SickBoy said...

File a protest - don't you have a wallet full of crisp 20's?

SickBoy said...

and last I checked I got a rear flat tire and still beat the both of ya'...

Donimator said...

last I checked we were on the podium and you weren't...

Dan Cleary said...

classic commentary!

Brian said...

Don, the problem is that you were supposed to be leading out, like in a keirin. I'm sure you're intimately familiar with that rule. Lucky for you, Bruce was in Missouri and couldn't relegate you!

Pete said...

...note to self...retroactively post comments about beating SB.

...note to self...strike that...fingers will get way too tired typing.

Franz said...

Now this is why I read blogs. Good old fashion bitching. Think it isn't!!!

Donimator said...

Think it is!

Mistress Julie said...

Classic commenting boys. I wish I could have been there in my chaps/whip combo to get your sorry asses moving faster.

Oh, I just scored some carbon cross wheels today. I'm going to tell Skibby since I know he loves the cross racing.