Sunday, March 15, 2009

Lifetime Tri number three

Another Sunday, another Lifetime tri. This one was at Fridley Lifetime. The swim went well 34.5 lengths versus last week of 33.5 lengths. The bike was different this week as the put 25% more resistance. The resistance before was set by getting the bike up to 20 mph and then it would would turn 4 revolutions just freewheeling. This week they decided to change it to 3 revolutions from 20 mph. So I went 16.4 miles in 30 minutes versus 18 miles last week. The bike was a little more difficult due to the resistance increase. Then for the run I went 3.03 miles in 20 minutes, which last week I went 2.9, I was happy with the improvement there. That equals approximately a 50 second improvement in the run for 3 miles. You can't find a better one hour workout in March in Minnesota.

I thought about doing two more tris this month, but I have decided to concentrate on swimming the next four weeks and try to break 50 seconds in the 100 free at the state championships. I time tialed a 51.35 on Wednesday and was happy with the progress up to this point. My best time in college was 48.44, that was before all of the new suit technology has come out in the last 10 years. The new technology in suits is noticably different.

1 comments:

OTR said...

Another 2nd place?